Forum Replies Created
February 8, 2020 at 8:34 pm in reply to: MOSS Logfile bug after update when set to CrossFire #5199
you were allowed to start moss after the game , it’s now fixedFebruary 8, 2020 at 3:09 pm in reply to: MOSS Logfile bug after update when set to CrossFire #5192
oops , get the update 🙁
this zip doesnt contains any log , that’s why its corrupted.
if moss crashes there is a message box and a .dmp file , if not it means the process has been killed
Share one then
it’s probably linked to relative positions of monitors :
– try to boot with a single monitor you wont have any problem ( switch of or desactivate are not enough)
– I tested with a 4K+1K monitors and have the same problem , probably because Moss try to access a non-existing area, I will check if I can do something
Could you share the log ?
I cant help with information you provided
moss process didnt closed properly , you can still watch the screenshots by fixing the zip but the log hasnt been added
I have to no way to know if the player killed moss or moss crashed but if iit crashed it should be able to provide a crash screenshot or moss crashdumpJanuary 29, 2020 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Fresh download Moss saying needs update then error 4 #5144
please detail OS and which version you downloaded ?
depends the game , if doing that quickly could be interesting but I need the whole log
no, just keys randomly simultaneously pressed
my fail , upload was wrong , the beta is now correct
– I plan to set up a game autodetect but didnt do it for now
– I cant afford a site to auto-upload all moss zip as there is more than 20M screenshots done per month , I let you calculate the storage I’d need
– I added SOF II in beta for test
do you have the original zip ?