Requesting Official Support for the game Warface

What is Moss ? Forums Requesting Official Support for the game Warface

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mickeyes
    Participant

Hi there MOSS admins,

This is my formal request to add full compatibility for the free to play browser game called Warface.

We have a section in ESL and the game is, right now, in the open beta stage and It’s looking very promising.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/warface/

And as a new administrator it would be really fantastic for us because it will make our lifes alot easier, and this game does not have a very good anti-cheat system at the moment.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/warface/player/5411172/

The reason I’m asking this because MOSS runs fine in generic more, but it may cause issues and the players will feel more confident about the match security at the end of the day.

Thank you very much in advance.

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

test the beta 1.7.7 avaiable to download , I added a warface support , including game integrity check. if you need to check or collect more files let me know

mickeyes
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from nohope on January 7, 2014, 23:52
    test the beta 1.7.7 avaiable to download , I added a warface support , including game integrity check. if you need to check or collect more files let me know

We have done a couple of test with my teammates and it works great. The only thing we would like is to increase the frequency.

Thank you very much.

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

“increase the frequency” do mean more than one each ~2 minutes ?
    I can set ~1 minute for this game but it will generate bigger zip unless you accept a lower quality in JPG
    it mostly depends of games length, how for a regular game ? have you team games only or 1on1 too ?

mickeyes
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from nohope on January 9, 2014, 14:38
    “increase the frequency” do mean more than one each ~2 minutes ?
    I can set ~1 minute for this game but it will generate bigger zip unless you accept a lower quality in JPG
    it mostly depends of games length, how for a regular game ? have you team games only or 1on1 too ?

Our ESL matches last about 25-40 minutes and it’s 5v5. No 1v1 or anything.

And the quality does lower quite a bit I see… I guess it’s ok like it is now.

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

game added to version 1.7.8 , which a frequency of 1 , if ZIPs are to big , I will set the frequency lower in a next version. I removed the ability to change the frequency a few version ago , cause it created more behavior problems than it was helpful

mickeyes
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from nohope on January 11, 2014, 19:55
    game added to version 1.7.8 , which a frequency of 1 , if ZIPs are to big , I will set the frequency lower in a next version. I removed the ability to change the frequency a few version ago , cause it created more behavior problems than it was helpful

Undestood, thank you.

Frank030366
    Participant

As I see support for Warface is added, I would ask for some special feature (maybe it’s exists already I don’t know) – it will be great if MOSS would be able to logging keyboard and mouse press/release intervals and save this logs in resulting archive. It will help us to analyze suspicious exact periodical press cycles and thus detect macros users which is treated as kind of cheating in FPS games.

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

I can track some specific key sequences and log they have been used but I wont do a full keylogger , I imagine you understand why. Could you be more detailled, if information must remain confidential create a ticket on ESL and ask to get it moved to me

Frank030366
    Participant

Hello again, first of all thanks for macros detection, it’s really cool feature. I would ask you one question about collected info – what for ping measuring and running processes it’s really good and useful, but could you please consider to add an option (maybe checkbox in settings for example) to exclude user IP address from logs? Because it potentially can lead to complains from users related to their privacy in some cases. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Konstantin

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

the IP is partial , it excludes last byte and prevent any direct identification of player (for eventual attacks) and I doubt someone would attack 256 addresses for a single target. it’s useful however to identify ringers and for ESL purposes . so no I dont plan to add this option and have to deal with those for “forgot” to tick it where mandatory

Zirzilis
    Participant

Hi there.
    I will go directly the reasson i submit this
    Since as we know you will support the test cup in WARFACE i wanted to check how good and reliable moss is and if everything works good so we have a good clean cup ..
    but then i noticed something and confirmed from my clan that test i too that MOSS works only on window mode .. anticheat works fine in full screen but the random screenshots are not working .there are just black screenshots..this not something so terrible but noone is aware off and informed so when the cup run and everyone has black screenshots only will be sad..hope i get an asnwer soon

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

I guess you are running widonws 8.1 , for now only way to avoid that is to set \warface\bin32\GAME.EXE compatilbity to windows 7

Frank030366
    Participant

Hello again,

Based on the our last ESL Warface community cup I have some requests for improvements:

1. While ESL Wire is running, MOSS isn’t logging a running processes list – so could you please change this behavior or make appropriate option in settings? It can be named “log running processes”.

2. As of my understandings, MOSS obtains a list of running processes just at start and then isn’t monitoring new started processes. Will it be difficult to add an ability to periodically enumerate running processes during MOSS session and log new detected? It will be really useful because otherwise for example player can wait for MOSS start and then start any illegal software which will not be logged by MOSS.

3. It seems that sometimes 1 screenshot per second (which is set up for Warface) isn’t enough so could you please make this option configurable for some bandwidth, for example from 1 to 4 screens per second?

4. During a hard timeline at the match it will be very useful to have an option for “batch files checking” – is it easy to implement? If so – admins will be really happy with it.

Sorry in advance for such big “todo list” – just summarizing it “right after the party” 🙂

Best regards,

Konstantin

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

1. this kind of change has to be requested by game’s ESL admin using ESL platform as it’s usually the wire’s job to track processes
    2. it’s possible but I dont see the real use : a lot of processes start and stop , and usually cheats need to be started before the game
    3. it’s one per minute not second , I can shoot faster but why ? and it’s not a bandwith problem but local load and size of final zip
    4. I dont get what you mean

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Play Cool , Play Hard but Play Fair