MOSS black screenshots or no screenshots

What is Moss ? Forums Bugs MOSS black screenshots or no screenshots

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nohope 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Saethus
    Participant

Hi,

Recently re-installed windows and since re-downloading MOSS I’ve been unable to use the program correctly. I’ve tried all the regular fixes shown in the FAQ.

My main problem is that MOSS takes no screenshots. It does then start taking screenshots if I run the program as compatible with Windows 8/7/etc, but it only takes visible screenshots whilst I am tabbed out/not in game. When I am in-game, the screenshots are all black.

Clearly there is some sort of issue regarding DirectX when not in a compatibility mode, but I’m not tech savvy enough to figure it out. I have tried disabling all antivirus/firewall, changing monitor, using borderless etc but with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached are the moss files pre-compatability and post.
    https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d24cdf0eb6d7d20ffcb719969b0ffc7f20190726173936/8c6693

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Saethus.

nohope
    Keymaster

compatibilty mode onto Moss is in any case a bad idea
    did you install a nvidia driver?
    is the pc a laptop ?

nohope
    Keymaster

compatibilty mode onto Moss is in any case a bad idea
    did you install a nvidia driver?
    is the pc a laptop ?

Saethus
    Participant

Regular PC, not a laptop.

Only did compatibility mode just as a test, wasn’t expecting it to be a solution. With that said, it ran better in compatibility mode than without it.

Nvidia driver fully up to date.

nohope
    Keymaster

There is an error message in your log, as If moss was prevented to access to DirectX , I will have to detail the error to help you

Saethus
    Participant

Yeah I noticed the stuff with DirectX.

I’ve been using moss for about ~18 months now with no problems. Since doing a fresh install of Windows I’ve started to have the problem. DirectX doesn’t identify as unavailable when in a Windows compatibility mode, but I’m nowhere near good enough with computers to figure out why that might be lol.

Any help is much appreciated whenever you are able to 🙂

nohope
    Keymaster

please test the beta

Saethus
    Participant

https://we.tl/t-6QknXwSxFP

Same problem with DX locking. MOSS identifies DX and doesn’t list it as “unavailable” anymore, but still no screenshots.

nohope
    Keymaster

I added more messages than just “DX11 failed” to see where is the problem in a new beta just posted

Saethus
    Participant

https://we.tl/t-7AYq7n1xTu

Here’s the latest log file using the most recent beta.

nohope
    Keymaster

windows says you got no monitor , I try a different way in an updated beta

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.