More easily parseable log files

What is Moss ? Forums More easily parseable log files

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stevil Knevil
    Participant

I’m finding it hard to make sense of the log file (am I missing some documentation somewhere?).

I’m working on a MOSS file view that would allow you to scrub through a timeline of the images, highlighting things like gaps where images would be expected, images with no content, and ideally allow you to conflate all the MOSS files from a match and see make sure that the story is consistent between different users MOSS files.

To this end I’d like parse it programatically and it seems a bit fiddly because there seem to be many different ways that strings are written to the log. At the very least I’d like information about how many monitors MOSS will be recording screenshots for. Ideally it would also name the screenshots with a suffix per monitor. A two monitor system might look like:

Code:
    001_1.jpg
    001_2.jpg
    002_1.jpg
    002_2.jpg
    003_1.jpg
    003_2.jpg
    004_1.jpg
    004_2.jpg

As for the log file itself, it would be good to have some consistency so I can do some kind of regex to parse it (unless there are some libraries already out there for parsing MOSS logs?)

Without knowing more about how to interpret the log file I don’t have any hard suggestions at the moment, but perhaps at least starting each line with a time code would be step in the right direction?

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

until now, nobody asked for a way to analyze a log but to try to fake it, anyway if you watch a screenshot line , it shouldnt be hard to extract from it filename and timeline.
    Moss includes ti’s own checker to validate log and zip integrity but I never wrote a screen display or consolidation tool and got no plan to do it.
    So feel free to do it

Stevil Knevil
    Participant

Yeah – I absolutely don’t want to do anything that would compromise the log file and make it easier to fake!

Is there a way of working out which screenshot corresponds to which monitor from the log file? This is kind of important as I want to be able to set up ‘virtual monitors’ for watching the playback and don’t want them interleaved.

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

screenhot lines are now prefixed :
    (Mon 1)
    (Mon 2)

Stevil Knevil
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from nohope on June 23, 2016, 20:40
    screenhot lines are now prefixed :
    (Mon 1)
    (Mon 2)

Superb! 🙂

Stevil Knevil
    Participant

Can you confirm the time format used in the log files. From comparing a couple of logs from the same match, they have different timestamps in them. I’m assuming that the time stamps are therefore in local time?

Could they instead be made to be in UTC, or at least report what timezone is being used in the log file? It’ll make it much easier to match one players screenshots with another players.

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

the time comes from the server , I dont trust players PC’s time .
    I dont get in mind right now , but I think it’s a CET time , but anyway it’s the same for everybody
    give me a sample where you see unmatching times

Stevil Knevil
    Participant

Hmm, I think I may have been looking at something a little ‘off’ becasue the other examples I’ve been looking at all look legit. Thanks for the clarification!

ADM_nohope
    Keymaster

I checked , every timestamp in log comes directly from the server , so there is no way to fake it , and everybody got the same.
    only the timestamp of zip’s files is relative to player pc , and eventually edited , I dont trust it, neither I check it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Play Cool , Play Hard but Play Fair