Confirmation of Macro

What is Moss ? Forums General Confirmation of Macro

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nohope 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Thatrenodude
    Participant

Hi Nohope,
    I read in another forum post that if there was any issue or needing confirmation of possible macro usage, You could be contacted? I have a few files from Rainbow Six seige.

View post on imgur.com

https://imgur.com/a/uEokRJf These 2 moss file graphs are from the same moss file while this is from another match.

View post on imgur.com

The graphs are virtually identical with lots of uses and I was hoping you could give me an idea of exactly what we are looking at. Appreciate your time and consideration.

Thatrenodude
    Participant

Sorry one more thing. I was hoping for a description of key [X1] what is this input? i was told it was a mouse button. could it be multiple buttons? or would there be an [X2 clic]?

nohope
    Keymaster

to answer the question about X1 this comes from windows Keys definition
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/inputdev/virtual-key-codes

to make it simple , mice manufacturers when they want to have more than 2 buttons have to the option to let you bind a key (or a macro) on extra buttons or to use this X1 X2 virtual keys

nohope
    Keymaster

about the main issue I dont think it’s a macro because, as a few mice implement Xx buttons a few games handle it. in this case the game receive X1 but as far I’ve been able to test R6 doesnt consider extra mouse buttons so X1 is probably not bound to anything.

the second thing is the delay beetween X1 and right clic is very short , and relatively irregular, it looks like more as a player pressing both keys at same time, which is confirmed by the fact he has almost as many X1 / right clic than right clic / X1, this is a human behavior and not a macro one .

Thatrenodude
    Participant

Hi Nohope,
    I really appreciate the speedy reply. I see now I have been looking at the the wrong way. I see that the Keys [Right Clic] [X1 clic] Being pressed together itself is not a macro. As in the timing of X1 being registered as an input when he actually isnt pressing the button. Ok second question then, is there anyway to prove that X1 clic is being used as a macro in itself? I don’t know if you are familiar with siege, but it seems weird to press a key 200 times one match while ADS’ing but not use at all other matches. Dont know if you have any input on this. And one last graph if I could get your input.
    On this graph I am assuming the spread of the presses is too wide to be a macro, just asking for confirmation.

View post on imgur.com

Once again greatly appreciated.

nohope
    Keymaster

just keep in mind if there is a macro , the real key is not X1 , the macro job’s is to substitute a keys sequence to the actual key pressed. so in your case X1 would be the result.

about your second graph , yes you’re right I would have the same explanation.

Thatrenodude
    Participant

Hi nohope,
    Got it that makes sense, what about something like a recoil macro? How would that show up at an input? As a recoil macro just involves recorded mouse movement input?

Thatrenodude
    Participant

So the player is consistently pressing right click and X1. Thats correct? What if X1 was a recoil macro? With the graphs and that being the scenario is that a possibility?

nohope
    Keymaster

no you are the wrong way : if he actually press right clic / X1 it’s not a macro.
    if he doesnt what is the result on the game to receive such keys , which action may be right clic and X1 bound to ?

Thatrenodude
    Participant

Ok, so the human input is right click/ X1 which is not a macro. But is there any way to tell what X1 is? You said earlier it could just not be bound to anything but then I would not see a reason to hit it 200 times in 1 match.
    Right click in itself is almost always bound to the Aim Down Sights function. So the player pressing his ADS button plus another button quite often but still inconsistently is weird.
    Let me ask from the other direction then. Is there anyway to tell on MOSS if a player has a recoil macro? If so, what would it look like? Or how would you go about finding it?

nohope
    Keymaster

I do not have the whole log , but X1 is probably a mouse button.
    a norecoill macro will be shown by a double clic sharp sequence or any 2 keys sharp sequence bound to fire

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.