COD4 – Capture another config_mp.cfg file

What is Moss ? Forums New games and features Request COD4 – Capture another config_mp.cfg file

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nohope 4 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jakovec12
    Participant

Hello nohope,

MOSS currently captures config_mp.cfg file on “game folder”\players\profiles\(players name)\config_mp.cfg using active.txt at profiles to know which player name was used.

Can you capture another config that’s stored in C:\Users\(name)\AppData\Local\CallofDuty4MW\players\profiles\(players name)\config_mp.cfg but in profiles folder there’s no active.txt to know which one to use but maybe if possible pick the information from game folder active.txt file to pick the correct config then?

So there should be 2 captured config_mp.cfg files in .zip, one from game folder where the game was installed and one from appdata location.

nohope
    Keymaster

I will try to get someting

Jakovec12
    Participant

Thanks. If needed for any more information let me know.

nohope
    Keymaster

do you have a sample active.txt content ?

Jakovec12
    Participant

Here’s my active.txt file
    https://ufile.io/6bito

Also to include some pictures of what i mean about it.

1. Where the game is installed!
    My path: D:\Activision\Call of Duty 4 – Modern Warfare\players\profiles
    This is where MOSS now currently capture the config_mp.cfg file normally.

2. From AppData location!
    My path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\CallofDuty4MW\players\profiles
    This is the request to capture another config_mp.cfg from this place. There’s no active.txt to determine which profile is being used in-game but maybe take information from where the game was installed and use that active.txt file to pick the correct config in this location.

Jakovec12
    Participant

Hello,

Moss couldn’t capture the config from the appdata location:
    CSIDL_APPDATA\CallofDuty4MW\players\profiles\Test\config_mp.cfg is missing
    The path is correct but it didn’t capture the config_mp.cfg file in Test folder.

If there’s any more information or help needed let me know.
    Also if you could release it first on Beta so it can be tested there first for safety.

Thanks.

nohope
    Keymaster

yes I know , it’s not finished yet. there was some others issues I handled first

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.