Tell MOSS to store files not on Desktop

What is Moss ? Forums General Tell MOSS to store files not on Desktop

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nohope 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Cr4ck3n
    Participant

Hello,

is there a way to tell MOSS to not save the screenshots and the MOSS log files on the Desktop on the main partition? When I have MOSS open and running while playing, every 120 seconds it causes Rainbow Six Siege, which is on the same drive, to have short stutter, no FPS drop, just heavy stutters. So any way to make it store the files somewhere else on a different drive?

Cheers in advance,
    Cr4ck3n

nohope
    Keymaster

right now , no way.
    Why would you do that ?

Cr4ck3n
    Participant

Why would I do that? I just mentioned the reason. I have a M.2 SSD and have MOSS on C:\ by default because I cannot change it, and my game is also installed on C:\ on the very same drive. And everytime MOSS takes a screenshot, I have a stutters ingame.

That is the reason…

nohope
    Keymaster

I will add a reg key to undirect the folder , but I doubt it changes anything. Disk activity is almost 0 on a ssd

nohope
    Keymaster

seing your logs , you should investigate in having TrustedInstaller.exe and cmd.exe processes running while playing

Cr4ck3n
    Participant

Thank you for adding that, and which logs did you check, because I have not uploaded any logs for this thread ­čÖé

I have the issue with the stutters (feels like heavy FPS drop for a second) only when MOSS is running and every 2 minutes when it takes a screenshot

nohope
    Keymaster

you are an ESL player and posted log there. anyway I will add a key let me know if it changes anything

Cr4ck3n
    Participant

I remember why I had those running. I installed ESL Wire shortly before and had an issue with connection, which is why I had cmd open. Simply forgot to close it

nohope
    Keymaster

reg key will be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nohope92\Moss
    for value reg_sz PATH to a valid path

available in next update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.