Mount & Blade: Warband

What is Moss ? Forums New games and features Request Mount & Blade: Warband

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nohope 3 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Deacon
    Participant

Hi there,

Firstly thanks for the work you’re doing here it seems super productive and helpful.

I run a lot of tournaments for the game Mount and Blade Warband and of late we have started to see some more suspected cheating. I had a question I was hoping you may answer before j write up the add request.

Mount&Blade Warband has a folder in which you can put texture files to override the game’s defaults. Ideally we’d want to allow a couple of files (with known filenames) to be allowed in that folder, and for those to be allowed any contents, but disallow putting any other files in that folder. Does Moss support that? If not, is it possible for us to disallow putting ANY files in that folder with the integrity check?

nohope
    Keymaster

I’m curious to know how the game will handle files with a random name ?
    Anyway I can add a full folder check but I wont sha2 all fies in, as it would potentially cost a lot of time if players put intentionally garbage.
    so :
    – give me a list of allowed and not allowed files with their path relative to game EXE
    – give me folders where to list any existing file with their path relative to game EXE
    – give me the game EXE name

and it should be ok

M
    Participant

Hi,

The names aren’t random, it’s a way for modders to override the game’s base texture files. For example:

./Textures/ankle_boots_a_new.dds

Can be overridden by:

./Modules/Native/Textures/ankle_boots_a_new.dds

Ideally we’d want to allow the following files to be present in the folder ./Modules/Native/Textures/:

./Modules/Native/Textures/Readme.txt (already there on clean install)
    ./Modules/Native/Textures/ui_gadgets.dds
    ./Modules/Native/Textures/banners_a.dds
    ./Modules/Native/Textures/banners_b.dds
    ./Modules/Native/Textures/banners_c.dds
    ./Modules/Native/Textures/banners_d.dds
    ./Modules/Native/Textures/banners_e.dds
    ./Modules/Native/Textures/banners_f.dds
    ./Modules/Native/Textures/banners_g.dds

But allow no other files in that directory. If that’s difficult or not possible we’d prefer to just allow NO files except the existing Readme.txt in there.

These are all the files and folders in a clean installation of the game, relative to the game’s exe (which is also listed): https://pastebin.com/raw/vX9NkzjZ

The game’s exe is called mb_warband.exe

Thanks for your help 🙂

nohope
    Keymaster

I will put a version later tonite around midnight when server got less load

M
    Participant

Thanks for adding the game, we did some experiments and this is going to really cut out a lot of the common cheating in Warband.

In the logs we’re shown all the files in ./Modules/Native/Textures/ which is great – could we also do the same for ./Modules/Native/Sounds/?

Cheaters can also achieve the same effects by replacing textures in ./Textures/ or the sounds in ./Sounds/ – Is it feasible to show the hashes of the files in ./Textures/ and ./Sounds/? Or a subset of them if I provide a shorter list of ones that are likely to be altered for cheating?

Thanks again!

nohope
    Keymaster

sure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.