Moss takes screens only partially?

What is Moss ? Forums Bugs Moss takes screens only partially?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nohope 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

chrome1
    Participant

Hello Nohope, thank you for the work you`re doing.

We are using your software for CS2D (Counter-Strike:2D). Yesterday an interesting bug occurred which we`d like to get some clarification about. We have a MOSS report with a number of screenshots.

This screenshot is a “normal” screenshot. It has these dark areas on the left and right which simulate “fog of war”, all HUD elements, pointer, and game graphics are displayed properly.
    These screenshots are “bugged” ones. [1] [2] In some, game graphics looks like graphic artefacts (black squares), it lacks HUD, but most importantly, it lacks fog of war – as you can see, game field is completely visible, without dark areas obstructing player’s vision. This bug (?) with fog of war is what our community is musing over.
    One party think this is a clear evidence of the “no-fog-of-war-cheat”, because no FoW is present.
    The other party says these screenshots were taken when the game graphics is being drawn, so only MOSS itself sees it, not the player.

What do you think?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  chrome1.

nohope
    Keymaster

Unless the game is badly coded , I highly doubt this could be a bug.
    if it was the case, a player running a desktop duplicator process would be able to cheat just using a second monitor.
    this would be the first game and the first time I hear that. maybe you should ask to game dev if they overlay in any way to create the final render

chrome1
    Participant

CS2D developers guess that MOSS takes screenshots from some sort of backbuffer / Z buffer, might this explain the problem?

nohope
    Keymaster

screenshot method depends the OS level, which of GDI DX9 or DX11 appears in log ?

Jakovec12
    Participant

Not sure if i’m helping anything.
    When we asked you about some screenshots that doesn’t capture any hud and some in-game elements but other screenshots are ok, you said that’s normal. You explained it why it happens but i can’t remember exactly the words.

nohope
    Keymaster

I use the front buffer in your case (DX9) so I should only see what is made available by the game , if some objects or textures are missing , it means they arent available at screenshot time , I have not way to know the buffer is incomplete

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.